I have a confession to make... I lied.
These are the results of the 9 Truths & 1 Lie post from Friday. Some of these will receive individual entries eventually.
1. When I was 9, someone stole my pet rabbit.
Truth. They took Mr. Nibbles right out of the cage. Since bunnies didn't have opposable thumbs back in ye olden days, there's no way he opened the cage on his own.
2. A month after I was born, my mother legally changed my name.
Truth. When she changed it, she changed it to a shortened form of the same name. And I'm actually considering legally changing it again to something else. But I'm too lazy right now to do the paperwork.
3. I have a webcam set up in my home to spy on my cats when I'm away.
Truth. This is also good for spying on contractors, cat sitters, neighbors, and husbands. Err, yeah. A few people did guess this one.
4. I once sent Joe a text that I had been peed on at a Dave Matthews Band concert.
Another one that pinged the lie-dar but it's true. However, I'm not giving any more details because this one merits its own post.
5. We once left our cat in her cage at a hotel watching a movie while we drank ourselves silly at the restaurant next door.
Truth. Tonya spent the night watching "Dude, Where's My Car?" while we worked our way through a set of 4 souvenir glasses at Hard Rock Cafe. (No, we didn't leave Rusty home to freeze. Rusty didn't live with us yet.)
6. I've been taken to the hospital in an ambulance twice in my life.
Truth. Once because I ate a bunch of poison berries and had to have my stomach pumped. Once because I fell out of a tree.
7. I am allergic to dogs, which is why I have two cats.
This one had lots of guesses. Which proves I totally fail at this game because it is the LIE. However, the various reasonings were incorrect. I am NOT allergic to dogs but I found out recently that I AM allergic to cats. I like to threaten Tonya and Rusty with this on a regular basis. "You two had better quit fighting or I'll get rid of you like the doctor said!!!"
8. My mother-in-law, an uber-religious woman, mailed me a t-shirt that read "I'm not a bitch, I'm a princess".
Truth but it had some votes. My mother-in-law could be an entire blog of her own. She's a very unique creature.
9. While living in the college dorms, I had multiple encounters with the ghost of a dead student.
Truth and also had some votes. I might make an entry out of this one sometime soon as well. I had heard the story of the ghost before I lived in that dorm but experienced it for myself for a whole long summer.
10. I was once cast as "Christine" (the female lead) in a production of Phantom of the Opera.
Truth with no votes. Unfortunately, it was local theatre and never got off the ground. Which is probably just as well - we had no business taking on something so complicated. Oops, there WAS a vote for #10. Thanks to SomeMonkey for pointing that out.
Thanks to everyone that made guesses.