When people say it's an honor just to be nominated, they lie. Or, at least, if *I* said that, it would be a lie. I want to WIN! So thanks to A at Snarky Much? for an award!
The award comes with a few rules: The honorees are to: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Thanks A!!! Now, to see if I can think of 10 honest things interesting enough to share without boring you all to tears.
1. While unable to write with my left hand, years of typing and piano playing leave me pretty skilled. I'm equally as talented in using my feet and often find comfort in knowing that if I lost both arms in a tragic accident, I'd be just fine adapting to using my feet instead.
2. Ten years ago when I married Joe, I thought I was very ready for babies. Ten years later, I feel less ready and less sure about children than I ever thought possible.
3. I laugh when people say you can't run away from your problems. Because I moved hundreds of miles away from my family to escape them and with Caller ID, it (almost) totally works.
4. My life was so boring growing up in the sticks that I would make up stories to tell my friends hoping they'd think I was cool. I developed such a habit of
lying manipulating creativity that I still have to consciously remind myself sometimes that it's not ok. In some ways, I write so I don't lie to real people.
5. My little brother once named a hamster after my then-boyfriend, Ben. Shortly after Ben cheated on me and ruined my 14-yr-old life, the hamster died. (I swear I had nothing to do with it!) And I thought it was kinda awesome.
6. I once cheated on a guy with his identical twin brother because it was less effort than trying to tell them apart.
Oh, oops, these are supposed to be 10 honest things, not 10 things that make you seem like a complete jerk. Sunday confessions aren't until tomorrow!
7. I grew up in a completely sheltered environment - small town with zero diversity and over-protective parents that freaked about everything. We never traveled or did anything cool. Now that I have the means to travel and experience things, which I totally love, my anxiety has prevented me from doing much of it. (I'm making progress on that though - I'm dying to go back to Europe.)
8. I was in high school show choir, which involved dancing, even though I'm still so uncoordinated that I can fall over while just standing completely still.
9. I am 30. And still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up but this isn't quite it.
10. I currently have 16 different blogs registered (13 on Blogger, 2 on Wordpress, 1 privately hosted). Of those, 8 have absolutely no content, 4 are from abandoned projects, and 1 is a new project I was excited about a week ago and now I have no idea what I was thinking. The three actually in use are my "real life, sanitized for family and acquaintences" blog, "scream at the world and then move on" blog, and this one. My favorite? This one. By far.
I hope that wasn't too boring. Or random. And that I didn't do it wrong.
Because now I'm totally going to do it wrong. I don't know 7 bloggers that haven't already been awarded. So instead, I'm going to make it a point to give random comment love to 7 bloggers I've never visited before and spread some love that way instead. Hope that's alright!
I may be back later with a very short post. We'll see how the day goes.