Also, at the start, nobody was reading. Looks like it was around the first of December when I discovered SITS and traffic started to trickle in. Most of my traffic has come from SITS (and if you don't participate, you need to get yourself over there pronto!), especially after being a "Saucy Blog", but I've also received a lot of visitors from the sites of people who comment here. I love seeing those visitors even more because it's so cool to see my blog mentioned on sites that I read and adore.
Blogger, Twitter and Google have also sent a lot of traffic my way. Here are some Google search terms that caught my eye:
- cat scurvy - aren't we all glad Tonya and Rusty survived?
- history of confession - don't cite me on your term papers, kids
- make a note not to miss it - why thank you, I'm glad you hold me in such high regard!
- when mama meets jesus - that damn song won't go away!
- angry neighbor - more people than I thought have this problem
- festivus ribbons - I'm an equal-opportunity celebrator
- funny cat barf - there's nothing funny about it if you have to clean it up
- how can i put my face in the inauguration event - good question, too bad I have no answers
- how contagious is scurvy? - very, you've probably got it now that you've been to my blog
- i am ugly have accent - there's someone out there for everyone, keep looking
- it's good to have goals - it's better to meet goals
- just once a day i show my face - even once a day is a good amount
- me topless - me not
- show me a fatass - there's no shortage out there, try the mall
But regardless of how visitors came, Google says there have been a total of 958 unique visitors. Since I only know one of these people offline (Joe, who mostly reads to see if I'm talking about him) and a teensy number I knew online pre-blog, plus me, that means about 950 awesome new friends! And yet only 53 of these awesome new friends are following me so that means almost 900 of you need to push the little follow button! I kid - I was really excited to reach 50 followers by post #100, just ask SomeMonkey if she ever comes around.
According to Technorati, all of this adds up to my blog having a rank of (drumroll please!!!)............................ 481,816.
Really, that's it? How disappointing. My goal is to be above the 450,000 mark by post #150. I can't imagine there are really that many blogs out there better than this one. Plus, I'm not afraid of people. I can punch 30k people in the face in one afternoon if necessary. ;)
Coming up, I'm going to continue Six Word Saturday (tomorrow!) because you all seem to like that a lot. And it gives me an easy out for posting once a week. I'll also be sharing more about my family and introducing a monthly feature called First Fursday - Tonya and Rusty are looking for blogging buddies.
So thanks to everyone out there for helping me reach my 100th post. Here's to 100 more!
P.S. Reading this back, I sound violent and completely full of myself. I have to imagine most of you realize it's mostly a front. I'm really