But you know those hypothetical questions that are always asked? The ones that are supposed to really difficult? I have no problem at all with "which of the five senses would you give up if you had to choose?".
The answer is smell. Without hesitation.
Yes, I adore the smell of certain things.
- baby powder
- Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom
- Joe's soap (but not that man soap he was using for awhile - yuck!)
- cat box
- that dude on the elevator
- asparagus pee (TMI?)
- burnt popcorn
- gas (both kinds!)
- boiled cabbage
- the HR chick's perfume
- gas station/rest area liquid soap (compliments of Sass)
- sauteed mushrooms (compliments of C. Beth)
- burnt chocolate (compliments of Guaca Molly)
- garbage trucks (compliments of TMC)
They say if one sense is weak, another one will compensate. I think the fact that my eyes suck somehow has caused a hyper-sensitive sniffer. I rarely wear perfume and even walking past the counters at the front of a department store is enough to give me a headache. And while I adore scented candles, I can't spend much time in the candle section of any store.
So today, I'm willing to give up my sense of smell. Maybe in exchange for a nap. Or a pony. Oh wait, those smell too...