STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent. If you aren't already following Debbie, please visit her blog for Six Word Saturday and her beautiful photos. I'll continue to participate from time to time but please go to Debbie's for the official posts.
If you aren't receiving email replies to your comments, please see this post.
Sunday, February 07, 2010
- We managed to catch the last flight out of Philly to our podunk destination on Friday morning - all later flights to podunk were canceled due to snow.
- Friday night, we had an amazing dinner with fantastic friends. Is there anything better?
- My brother and SIL made the trip despite expecting over 2 feet of snow they'll have to drive back through to reach home.
- Saturday morning, we had breakfast with my FIL who traditionally runs extremely late and isn't always well in many ways. However, he was ready promptly at 9am and we had a really nice time together.
- I spent 9 hours at my parents' home with my mother, father, brother, SIL, sister, BIL, nephew and new niece. And Joe, of course. We all got along well; there were minimal eye-rolling occasions or awkward moments.
- Babies are cute, y'all. I held her a lot and she's made of sugar and spice and everything awesome. The nephew is adorkable despite some teething grumpiness.
- We spent a few hours in the evening with my 80 yr old grandmother who is always bitter and morose but not this time. We had good conversation, stayed away from the touchy topics, and left without her having a crying breakdown.
A really unexpectedly great day. Lots of family exposure, no need for xanax. I can't wrap my mind around it. I'm not sure if I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop or what exactly. I just feel like it was a 'big' day in a way I haven't yet identified.
Anyways, sorry for the babbles with no conclusion or point. As I write this late Saturday night, I'm just kind of tapping out whatever's in my head. I suppose that's easier than trying to think it through.
P.S. My husband is a swell guy. I'm not sure what I'd do without him. That's not about anything specific, I just felt the need to share.