So I was tagged. I don't always play along because I'm such a rebel but I'm still recovering from the craziness of work last week and this one looked interesting. Plus, I find it hard to deny Miss Joss aka soulbrush much of anything.
I need to share 11 random facts and then answer 11 questions she came up with.
11 Random Facts about Cate
- I have a piece of art from Joss aka soulbrush on my piano. It makes me happy.
- I'm a fan of the "leaning" style of artwork because I'm still afraid to commit to holes in the walls.
- My name was printed in a published book last year as the editor. I'm so ashamed of the book itself that I want to buy all the copies and burn them.
- I've also done a lot of work I'm really proud to have my name on. And work that as an editor my name doesn't go on and I wish it did.
- But what I really want to do is write. The one thing I never seem to do is write.
- I have a freckle on my nose. Not a mole. A freckle. Just one.
- Tonya has multiple freckles on her nose but this isn't about her.
- This morning I said "commiserate" when I meant "commensurate" but given the context, it was close enough. The pay IS "commiserate" with the expectations. And I was pre-coffee.
- My hair looks better short but I'm growing it out right now. Unless the hair cut chick convinces me otherwise in 1.5 hours.
- The only thing that overwhelms me more than how far I've come is how far I still have to go.
- My plan for world domination is 11% complete. I'm ahead of schedule.
1. If you could meet someone famous (living or dead), who would it be?
Anderson Cooper. He's traveled the world and met a lot of other famous people. He seems smart and funny and I think he'd be fun to hang out with.
2. If you could live somewhere else, where would you live and why?
Not sure exactly but there would be quiet and there would be water.
3. What is the biggest mistake you think you've made?
I don't like to have regrets. I did once buy a green shirt that was unfortunate.
4. Would you prefer playing the guitar or the violin?
I find the guitar to be dead-sexy. I own one and start lessons in a couple of months. Then I can jam with all those hot guitar-playing men. Rawr.
5. What is the best thing about being the age you are now?
There's a lot of life ahead of me.
6. What is the worst thing about being the age you are now?
There's a lot of life behind me. I'm starting to feel it's too late for a few things.
7. What is your worst nightmare?
I had one the other night that involved a decapitated baby. That was pretty bad.
8. What was the best thing that happened to you in your childhood?
In general, the fact that all four of my grandparents were still alive and active for most of my childhood was a great thing. Three out of four passed away by my teens so having those memories of time with them is dear.
9. Do you enjoy cooking and baking and what's your favourite dish?
I enjoy cooking and baking far too much to choose a favorite dish. I often make a chicken dish involving tomatoes and mozzarella that starts on the stove and ends up in the oven - it's a Gordon Ramsay recipe.
10. When was the last time you relaxed all day and did what you wanted to do?
In theory, today. Which is why I scheduled a hair appointment and a massage. It sounded good at the time but now I'm realizing I need to actually move from the sofa and shave my legs and I no longer what to do that.
11. Have you ever swum in the nude, and would you if you could?
I have not but I would certainly consider it given a secure private opportunity to do so.
I'm then supposed to tag 11 people but I'm not actually going to do that part - you can just play along and answer the same 11 questions I did if you want.